Friday, February 20, 2015

Proposed large Website update

Along with my planned Arcade section of the website I plan to make a few other improvements. Of course this is all still in the planning stages so nothing is final yet. The biggest thing I plan to do is place the main sections on the top of the link bar (Dead or Alive and Arcade) and everything else below that. I figure this way I can make it easier to get to my largest website sections instead of having to scroll through all of the one or two page console sections. Mind you I will still have that content on there but just lower on the link bar. Of course I still plan on linking everything to the proper sections, such as making a link to the doa1 costume page on both the Sega Saturn and Playstation sections since both of those systems are covered there but that will probably come later.

Another page of the website I hope to expand is the PC section which currently is like a small paragraph and a stock photo. I plan to atleast include the specs of the computers I own and maybe even more then that.

Going back to the arcade section, I plan to have a page for each "system" such as Namco System 11/12, Namco System 246/256, Sega Naomi 1/2 and so on. Basically combining the systems that are just upgrades of each other onto the same page as they share alot of the same properties and work in a very similar way. I will also be having a full software listing for each board with pictures (which of course will take some time, it will go up a little at a time instead of in one burst).

The other thing I hope to do some day is have a full game listing on my website with links to all console sections as well as a central hub where all of the collections are linked. Similar to what Yakumo has on Segagagadomain.com. Of course that will be something I might work on this year after the arcade section is finished.

No comments: